Transport Policy and Economics
Course: Transport Policy and Economics
ECTS points: 7 ECTS
Number of classes per week: 3+0+0+3
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Verica Danchvska
Course Goals (acquired competencies):
The main goal of the course is to acquire the following knowledge and competencies:
• get acquainted with the notion of traffic and transport, as well as the types and importance of the traffic policy.
• get acquainted with the European traffic policy, its goals, features, principles and instruments
• To familiarize with the basic principles of economics in traffic and transport
• To get acquainted and to be able to implement the European regulation in the area of traffic and transport
• be able to work in the area of adjustment of the Macedonian to European regulations in traffic and transport.
• Basic concepts of traffic-technologies and transportation systems (road, air, rail)
• General transport policy: concept, types, objectives, instruments, principles
• General transport economics: concept, sources, characteristics, principles
• Transport infrastructure and transport sub structures • Costs and type of cost in traffic, costing in the traffic
• Economic models to determine the most economical form of transportation
• Relationship between transport policy and sustainable development
• Relationship between transport economics and sustainable development Taking the European legislation in the field of traffic and transportation.
|Verica Danchevska, PhD||Transport economics||Faculty of Technical Sciences Bitola||2009|
|Verica Danchevska, PhD||Traffic policy and sustainable development||Faculty of Technical Sciences Bitola||2006|