Course Title: Professional Energy Skills in nZEB
ECTS points: 6 ECTS
Number of classes per week: 3+0+0+3
Lecturer: Prof. d-r Marija Kacarska, Prof. d-r Mile Stankovski, Prof. d-r Hristina Spasevska
Course Goals (acquired competencies): Acquiring adequate knowledge of EU and national policies regarding energy efficiency of buildings, energy characterization of the buildings, integration of renewable energy in buildings in order to lower energy consumption, as well as tools and methods for energy modelling of buildings and management and financial viability of the techniques. Capable to promote energy efficiency in construction with special emphasis on near zero energy buildings (nZEB).
Subject of the course content:
• EU + national policies regarding energy efficiency + nZEB (EPBD + EED).
• Analysis of building stock in Macedonia and main uses.
• General overview between newly build and retrofit buildings.
• Energy characterization of the building (electrical and thermal performance calculations).
• Materials & Installations suitable for nZEB design and retrofitting.
• Integration of Renewable Energy generation (Electrical, Heat and Storage).
• Description of tools and methods for Energy Building Modelling.
• National Energy Calculation Methods and Techniques.
• Real examples/ Case studies.
• Management and Financial Issues (Cost/Benefit balance, Return of the investment and Cost optimal for Macedonia).
|1.||A. Athienitis and W. O’Brien||Modeling, Design, and Optimization of Net-Zero Energy Buildings||Wiley||2015|
|2.||Jarek Kurnitski||Cost Optimal and Nearly Zero- Energy Buildings||Springer||2013|
|3.||Proceedings of the Conference for Sustainable Energy (CSE) 2014Editors: Visa, Ion||Sustainable Energy in the Built Environment – Steps Towards nZEB||Springer||2014|
|1.||Strategy for Improvement of Energy Efficiency in Republic of Macedonia until 2020||Ministry of Economy of Republic of Macedonia – in Macedonian||2010|
|2.||Rulebook for Energy Performance of Buildings (Official gazzete of Republic of Macedonia No. 94/2013)||Ministry of Economy of Republic of Macedonia – in Macedonian||2013|
|3.||Rulebook for Energy Audits (Official gazzete of Republic of Macedonia No. 94/2013)||Ministry of Economy of Republic of Macedonia – in Macedonian||2013|